Our Mission in Ethiopia


Thursday, April 25, 2013


On TUESDAY April 9th (our daughter Jamie's birthday) the big, white envelope came in the mail! We were expecting it to come on Friday, 12th so I didn't even get the mail until almost 5:00 pm! What a surprise!!  ALL the family came over at 8:15 pm (after my RS meeting) and we opened it! Bob let me read it since I have waited over 40 years to serve a mission!! We got married just 4 days after I turned 21 in Dec. 1972! : /  Two of our grandkids, Maybree and Tanner guessed EGYPT and they were the closest!! We have been called to serve in the UGANDA KAMPALA MISSION for 18 months as CES and MLS missionaries in Ethiopia and Uganda!! We enter the MTC in Provo on August 5th!  We are SOOO excited!! Ü

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I get to be the first to comment on your mission blog! SOOO excited for you, and I think it's perfect! It'll be so much fun to read your blog, and I would keep it open to anyone- it's missionary work! =) Enjoy this time of preparation and family time. Love you!

    ReplyDelete