Our Mission in Ethiopia


Sunday, December 15, 2013

We had a GREAT weekend!  On Saturday morning, the 8 YW in our branch and their  YW leader came over to learn to make chocolate cake with chocolate frosting!  We had a blast! The power was off from 8:30 a.m. to about 5:30 p.m. so I didn't get to bake it until Sat. night.  So while we were waiting they helped me make pasta salad for lunch and Meheret braided my hair Ethiopian style!! We played "What if?" and listened to Christmas music. They stayed from 10 a.m until 3:00 p.m.!  Then we went to the Church to teach our Institute class and Bob interviewed the Lemma family for baptism! They are a WONDERFUL family! The Dad was baptized recently and was able to baptize his wife and teenagers, age 12, 15, and 18 on Sunday. The 15 yr. old daughter was here with the YW.

Yesterday, I played for Sacrament meeting, did music in Primary, taught YW, played for the baptism and took the chocolate cake for the YW to eat after Church.  Elder Wold taught Gospel Doctrine. We were invited over to dinner with Ayele's family. Here is a picture of me with my Birthday Bread! (They do that instead of cake here. Not many sweets in Ethiopia...) They didn't have any candles so they stuck a bread knife in the middle and took my picture!  We also had a planning meeting with the Elders last night. We LOVE our Elders and our Debre Zeyit Branch members!!


L-R: Debebe, Meti, Meheret, Gebrella, Salem,
Rediet, Yetmwork (YW Pres.) Tigist and Yordanos

Meheret is doing my braids.  You can see the braids in Salem's hair too.
Meheret had hers in all last week and wore her hair in a ponytail.
(I am getting Christmas music on my laptop! )  

My Ethiopian braids!! I wore them to Church yesterday and the
YW and RS sisters LOVED it! 

Eating pasta salad with Elder Wold

My BIRTHDAY BREAD!!

Meheret and Tigist Ayele
We LOVE these AWESOME girls!!

1 comment:

  1. I just want you to keep that hair style for when you get back here. :)

    ReplyDelete