Our Mission in Ethiopia


Friday, January 2, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015!!  Ethiopia's New Year's Day was in September and it is 2007 here…

                         We had a nice visit with our landlord, who was visiting from Sweden,
                         where he has been a doctor for 24 years.  We had lunch at the new
                                                        Pyramid Hotel in Debre Zeyit.

Teshome, our landlord 

At the Pyramid Hotel with Teshome, his brother and Sammy



Sister Meaza, who we visit teach 
and my VT partner, cute Tigist Ayele.  

Sister Meaza kisses me on both cheeks whenever we meet,
so I am kissing her back!  I LOVE this sweet lady!!


Our M-F Seminary students finished the Learning Assessment
for this semester for the D&C sections 1-75, so we took them
to lunch today at Etalem Burger above Grace Supermarket. 


We got a kick out of the Christmas trees made with lights on 
the wall and the ceiling.

As you can see, it is a very colorfully painted cafe!!


Our waiter had the most unique way to open bottles
of pop! He would lift it up on his shoulder and open
it in one second with the bottle opener!  I had to get
him in action.


My "normal" burger, which was mostly bun but tasty.
The "special" burgers had the bun cut into thirds and two
meat patties with a fried egg too.


Salem looked so cute with her colorful shirt and 
matching earrings.  I had to get a picture.

Our M-F seminary students, (left to right): Tigist, Salem, Israel (new convert) and Meheret (Tutu)
(They gave me the necklace I have on for my birthday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment